- Ed O'Neil - He's an older, richer, slightly happier about life Al Bundy, but the extra depth his character has makes him loveable.
- Manny - This is Ed O'Neils hot wife's son. He's played by Rico Rodriguez. This kid is not only cute, but plays a wise beyond his years consultant to the family. He often steals the scenes he's in and you're happy he does.
- Claire and Phil - played by Julie Brown and Ty Burrell they're marriage dynamic takes a back seat to their parenting skills which are honest and exaggerated which makes them very funny.
- Mitchell and Cameron - The gay couple which show a lot more diversity in personality than other gay characters you see in primetime.
Friday, November 20, 2009
I'm going to confess that Modern Family is not a regular on my DVR. I do catch the show whenever possible online, and I have fallen for it. I think it's a great show, with some minor flaws.
It's no secret that I was looking forward to NBC's Community. Now that we're well into the season I figured it's time to write my reviews of the shows I was looking forward to here. First up, Community.
- Joel McHale - His character is smooth talking but has enough hubris to be enjoyable.
- Chevy Chase - A great secondary role, and he can still take a fall and make it hilarious
- The rest of the cast - Everyone is awesome and I'd thank the writers. Not like the actors aren't talented, but the characters are well defined via dialogue, actions and story archs.
- It's hilarious - I laugh out loud at least three times every episode. That's a very good average.