1. Community - Season 1's Halloween episode was by far one of the most trippy episodes I've ever seen on network television. This year, they took it to the zombie level and created an episode that had me on the edge of my seat, and rolling off that seat laughing. While some critics complained that it was derivative, I'd argue that Community takes popular themes and twists them every week. I think the end result was an absolutely hilarious episode.
2. Chuck - Not only does our hero finally see his mother, Linda Hamilton, but there's also a Freddy Krueger cameo. Buy More gets a 'haunted' makeover. It's a great episode.
3. Modern Family - I don't think I've ever laughed so hard. Every single character in this ensemble has a moment to shine this episode.
- Parenthood had a really nice episode about family celebrations and the hurdles for autistic children and parents that Halloween brings.
- Cougar Town this episode, like many this season, have been surprisingly funny. If you gave up on this show because of the name, give it another try. Also, for Scrubs fans Dr. Kelso comes in for a cameo as Courtney Cox's dad.